Yesterday...was the most exciting day of my life! My secondary school friend (along with her boyfriend) and I visited the Anime Festival Asia 2008, which was in town for the first time. We went for breakfast first, and then went up to the event hall. There were tons of people queuing up to get tickets to get inside, and we waited for at least 45 mins to get our tickets and go in. At that time, it was about eleven, so I guess, it took very long to get tickets to go in. Initially the place was packed, and I was starting to sweat as crowds of people swarm right by me. We managed to take a lot of photos of figurines and stuff, and I spent a bomb on chibi (super-deformed, but very cute) anime character toys. We managed to get some stuff for my friend who is currently in the US, whereas for my poly friend (YZ), I couldn't get any of her favorite anime characters. Sorry!! There were some people cosplaying, and I had a hard time guessing who they were dressed up as...haha!!
Towards the last hour there, when I was rumaging the stuff to get some gachapon stuff, when someone behind me said otaku...I am not an otaku!! I just love chibi stuff! Well, I am a otaku for chibi characters..that's for sure!
I also got three english novels, one of which Oprah recommended on her show, "Love in The Time of Cholera", nice story, and very sweet too...There was a book fair which I got the books from, the other two I got were "Tuesdays with Morrie" (which my poly friend recommended) and "The Devil Wears Prada", I loved the movie, and the book should be more sophisticated and also fun to read too! To end the day off, I got a few comic books and they were at 20% off! I was kinda silly though, I bought book 7, 8 and 9 for a particular comic book series, whereas I didn't get book 6, and I realised only after I reached home and packed my stuff. Haha..silly me! However, I was so happy yesterday!
Very fruitful indeed, but I blew a slightly big hole in my pocket, but I managed to get lots of stuff!!
P.S: Hope to see any anime festival coming up, and I hope my friends could attend too!! (This is to YZ and JX!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment