Monday, November 3, 2008

realisation.

I managed to watch a few Japanese animation movies for the past two weeks and just last saturday and sunday, and I came to realize something. That was the kind of animation I wanted to do and learn, but my course didn't cover that at all, and instead I was stuck with programming. The few animated movies I watched were so realistic, with the cloud in the skies, to the backgrounds and the effects. They were so fantastic and awesome to watch, and I realized that through the course of the three years of study, I had to throw that dream of making my own animation down the drain. After watching the movies, I feel like going to Japan to actually learn the art, and seriously, I felt like I was duped into the course. The "animation" aspect in my course was so little, it was as though I almost didn't learn anything at all. I felt so sad that I didn't get to learn about that type of animation during these three years, and I am ready to leave the industry.

My mum also told me to head to Japan to do/learn this kind of animation and even stay in the country (looks like she intends to throw me out because I didn't help her with the housework). Shopping in Japan is so expensive, much less to say about staying or even studying there. Looks like my dream of being a animator is officially over.

Geez. Just like that. I hate this feeling.

No comments: