For the past few weeks I have been watching this Chinese show called "Life Transformers", whereby two of the local celebrities, along with volunteer workers went to different homes, and tried to change the lives of the people in these homes. Some of these homes were dirty, disorganized and the people who stayed in these homes, have so much of a story to tell. Tonight's episode was of a family of five, and the youngest child, a girl, contracted status epilepticus and is getting fits all the time, and this year she is just 26 years old. It all began with a high fever that went on for two weeks, and she got into contact with a virus that inflicted damage on the brain. Her story was sad, but her parents was the most noble in tonight's episode. Their care for her is so overwhelmingly touching, that some of the volunteers on the show cried, and I cried too. The volunteers come from all walks of life, there was one volunteer that was only 17, and I felt that he has accomplished so much for his age, and I feel that I didn't accomplish that many myself. There was a 60 year old lady who scrubbed the toilet and the kitchen of the home, that I realised all those cleaning and I scrubbing that I did for my own bathroom was easy-peasy. I am quite sad I didn't realise these things sooner.
Not just tonight's episode, the ones I saw before also moved me and definitely brought me to tears. After watching these episodes, I am really grateful and fortunate that I am healthy (although I am on the heavy side), and that I can run, walk, and talk easily. I will start loving myself more, as well as others, and be grateful that I have such a nice and comfortable house that my mum and The Lord has provided for me, and I realised that my life is not as bad as I thought it would be. I am really glad for what I had in the past, and what I have in the present. I will continue to watch the series, and see what I can learn from these people, be it from those families, or the volunteers that helped them. I really grateful this day, and for the rest of my days to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment