Saturday, July 5, 2008

teary-eyed girl

Just yesterday when I was waiting in line at the bus station, this girl who was in front of me had some strange look on her face - like she was about to cry. After a few minutes, she actually did, and there were quite a few people looking at her. I glanced at her several times and at that instant, I automatically assumed it was guy problems. She cried really bad, with her eyes turning red. An elderly man went up to her and asked if she had a tummy ache. He started talking to her, and even sat beside her on the bus and comforted her - which i thought it was quite sweet of that elderly man to do so. Seeing her reminds me of the days when I saw my Dad for the first time after the divorce.

I stayed in school late and when I reached the station to catch a bus back to my aunt's condo, that was when I saw my dad. He started talking to me and I got really nervous, after we said our goodbyes, I went straight to the bus stop. At that instant, tears started flowing, and soon, I was tearing really badly, and when I boarded the bus, I was tearing and sobbing. Many of the passengers also looked at me, but I didn't seem to care about them because I was too busy unleashing the sadness through tears. When I reached the condo, I went directly to my mum and I started breaking down. My mum too broke down saying that she missed him. I think I cried myself to sleep that night. Over the course of the next few days, I saw him again. I began to get very cautious about seeing him, and I brought a cap on those nights to wear - in case I were to see him again.

Talking about my dad, I have probably thought that the divorce was a good thing for both my parents, but I hated the fact that my dad did not even try to salvage the marriage and even brought up the divorce. I know I can never see and love him in the same way anymore, given the fact that I have somehow forgiven him. I hated the fact that he said that the children will not be affected. For my elder brother, I guess he could take the blow better than me, and given the fact that I am much more emotional than your average girl.

Honestly, I still haven't gotten over this pain of the divorce, but I hope that through blogging, I might be able to clear this very heavy and emotional baggage.

PS: For those close friends of mine who do not know of this, I hope you know by now what brought the change in my character over the past few months. To those who do, thanks for being there for me. Luv ya.

No comments: