Wednesday, July 2, 2008

best friend

The one best friend I truly have: My Mum

I mean, I do everything under the sun with this lady. From shopping, watching movies and even bearing grudges about others - what more could I ask for? She knows me inside out, and on certain occasions, we really think of the same stuff!

Like most other friends I have made over the past 18 years of my life, there is more to discover about her. Unlike me, she is strong and should I say - aggressive. In terms of expression, I mean. She could get more people up on a really crowded bus with the voice of thunder - one which I am not really eager to witness at all. These few weeks, I haven't been appreciating her and probably took her for granted. She has also been on her edge lately and she gets rowdy with me over a trivial thing. This aspect I can totally see it in myself.

I know that since the divorce she has indeed been dealt with many deadly blows to the heart and I really applaud her for trying to get herself moving in life, and she did it well. I didn't do too good compared to her, given that I was so much weaker than her emotionally. I often recollected the very meeting that my dad had the whole family seated down and told us of his decision. That was when it hit me, and it hit me real bad. I could not contain my tears, and it came flowing down like it was not gonna stop for any moment. My mum later told me she has somehow anticipated that things would end up this way, and she has stood very strong since that day.

How I wish to be like her, without over-sensitive tear glands that tear at even the most cliché and corniest love stories, but stand strong against what is striking her and what is about to. She has definitely become something more than my biological mother, but also my adviser and my confidante.

To My Mum, I love you.

No comments: