Reported for work today. I arrived at the bookshop where I was to work about forty minutes earlier. I wandered around the shopping mall, checking out the shops. Then I sat down at a bench quite near the shop. I was a little tired already, as the journey from home to work took such a long time. The female boss said that she would be on time, but she came a few minutes after ten, which was the stipulated time *haha - I win*. I was too early. The day started off with technical stuff, from setting up a laptop to scan book details and to turning on the cash register. Then the heavy stuff came in. The boss brought me around the shop, to talk about the tags on magazines and the books that were for sale and rental. By lunch, I was very dreary, like intoxicated with "i don't know what". After I had my lunch at three (busy with stuff), I was told to arrange books at the end of store. I was wandering around aisles of books, and after a while, I kept looking at my watch - wondering when I could go home. When it was time to get ready to go home, I was told to tally the cash today, and it was scary. I was afraid that I had to fork out money if the amounts do not tally - luckily it did.
Conclusion: A tiring day, and I have to garner more courage to press buttons on the cash register and to greet the customers. Yikes. The boss was nice, I guess there was the fact that she had children around my age - I'm kinda fortunate to have her as my boss. The most funny thing of the day was that I would always jump up to the sound of the cash register every time. Haha...I hope I will get used to the job. I have to start working in the afternoons if I am confirmed for the job. Haha!
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment